Wellsville student should purchase their textbooks at the Wellsville Campus Store on the first day of classes.
On-line students can get more information about ordering books here.
Let’s face it. Textbooks are expensive and college bookstores have a reputation for being slow, pricey and less than customer friendly. Don’t believe the hype! At the Campus Store, our goal is to make you into a loyal customer and we do this by making the book buying experience as hassle-free as possible. Here are some of the ways that we make book-buying easy:
- Are you worried about paying the best price for your book? This website includes a tool for comparing on-line book prices against our price. It’s free and easy to use. Just click on your course and section and Verba Compete will show you all the pricing options from most on-line book sellers.
- If you choose to buy from the Campus Store, we pull your textbooks for you. All you need to do is bring your schedule to the store and we do the rest. In fact, our customer satisfaction survey tells us that most students wait in line 15 minutes or less during rush.
- Since we pull the books for you, we reduce any anxiety over which book to purchase. Additionally, you see the textbooks before you have to pay for them (Is it in good condition? Is a title you already might have? Does it include important pieces like access codes or CDs?) Better still, we'll help you choose from all available options like new, used, rental, or digital.
- Our staff is available to serve you. We are here year round during regular store hours.
- If you want to use deferred funds (Billable Financial Air or a Campus Spending Account (CSA)) to pay for your books, we have the systems in place at the store to accommodate these forms of payment. Note: these types of funds are not available until just before classes begin, so on-line orders with this type of payment are not possible.
- If you prefer to purchase your textbooks before you arrive on campus, they must be shipped to an address off-campus. On-campus delivery is not possible.
- Ready to buy? Register and create a unique Campus Store login so you can track your purchases and accumulate loyalty points.
If you still would rather have your books shipped to you, make sure that you use a credit card and give yourself at least a week for shipping.
Insider Tips on Buying Textbooks
Doing your Homework can save you a bundle when you're buying books for college.
You have choices in how you purchase your book
- At the Campus Store, you have many options, but not every option is available for every book.
- New textbooks
- Used textbooks (generally 25% less than new textbooks)
- Rentals (generally 50% less than new textbooks)
- Digital Titles (approximately 30% less than new textbooks)
- Off campus online booksellers
- New, used and rental textbooks available
- Agressive pricing (be very careful -- performance rating and how many ratings provides a good indication of seller’s reliability)
Considerations to keep in mind as you select a vendor for your books
- Make sure you know the seller’s return policy
- Make sure you give yourself enough time for shipping and delivery
- If renting online, make sure the term covers the entire term including exam week
- Make sure your are getting the correct edition of the title needed for your course
- Remember: The college and the bookstore are not responsible for textbooks purchased from online sellers when textbook class requirements change
Overall considerations when buying textbooks
- Pay attention to the edition, older editions quickly value drop in value
- Used textbooks are cheaper -- generally 25% below new textbooks
- Books can have residual buyback value (bookstore buys used textbooks, best time is at the end of each semester (exam week)
- Rentals save you money up front -- generally 50% less than new textbooks
- Rentals have no residual buyback value (textbooks rented at the bookstore are due back after final exams)
- Digital textbooks generally cost 30% less than new textbooksand they have no residual buyback value
Don’t assume that buying on-line is always cheaper
We provide a quick comparison between what we offer and what is offered on-line. If it’s considerably cheaper, there is usually a good reason. Remember that buying from your campus store has a lot of advantages:
- You will get the correct edition that includes the supplements needed for your course
- Convenient return process for dropped or cancelled classes
- Ability to use your financial aid for books and conserve your cash
- When you buy your books in person at the Campus Store, you will never pay shipping charges.
Buying Textbooks with Financial Aid/CSA
Financial Aid/CSA accounts are activated right before classes begin each semester. If you plan to use financial aid to purchase your books, do not order from this website. You will use your campus ID at the cash register in the store. Simply bring your schedule to the store and we will pull the books and you can check out normally
Textbook Return Policy
New textbooks purchased at the beginning of the semester can be returned for a full refund during the first week of the semester with the original receipt. No refunds on shrink wrapped bundles if unwrapped. Used textbooks can be returned for an exchange only during the first week of the semester.
Non-textbook items may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase with tags and receipt in unworn/unused condition. No refunds will be made on special order or clearance items.