Please enter search criteria
How to Order Books
- You will need a major credit card for all web orders.
- Register and create a unique login to track your purchases and accumulate loyalty points.
- If you want to use financial aid and/or Campus Spending Account and are certain that you have done everything needed through our Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid Offices, select the Financial Aid option and input your 9-digit student ID (800 #).
- Make sure that you have processed your bill and have indicated an amount to be placed in your CSA account. These accounts are not activated until just before classes start each semester. We will ship your books before the activiation date only if you have already set up a CSA account. Again, we will not ship unless we have confirmation that the account has been established
- To order your textbooks on-line, click the Purchase Books drop-down and input your course(s). The search button can make this process very fast. After you have chosen all the classes, click the “select textbooks" button to bring up the textbooks for those courses.
- When ordering for on-line courses, make sure that you select the correct section (the section for all on-line courses will be either A01 or A02.) The website will show you the section you selected. This step is very important to make sure that you receive the correct book.
- If there are no books listed when you choose your course, this means that no textbooks have been ordered for the course.
- All textbooks listed are what our instructors have asked for for that course. All bundled packages with access codes and/or software cannot be broken, you must order the bundle that is listed.
- Our default shipping method is UPS. Since UPS will not ship to a PO box, make sure that you include the full street address for delivery. If you choose USPS for shipping, please be aware that it might take a day or two longer and that the tracking capabilities are not as refined. We recommend using the cheaper USPS option if you have at least one (1) week before you need the merchandise.
- International Shipping and APOs (military)
- International Shipping – We use UPS due to the convenience, reliability and the ability to provide you with tracking capabilities. Because these shipments must pass through customs, there might be a brokerage fee along with any host country taxes due. Because of the inconsistencies with international shipping, the shipping charge may be higher than the option shown at checkout. We will contact you with any changes before we ship.
- APOs – Since UPS does not ship to APOs, we must ship via US Mail. It has been our experience that this method can be very unpredictable (shipments can take anywhere from two to four weeks longer depending on the destination). For this reason, we suggest that you find an international ship to address that we can UPS the shipment to. We CAN NOT be responsible for any delays when shipping to an APO via US Mail.
More About Shipping
On-line orders will be shipped within 24 hours from the time placed, since UPS & USPS do not pick up on weekends or holidays, orders placed on Friday will NOT ship until Monday (backorders will be shipped within 24 hours of the time we receive the item back in stock). There is no need to re-order items that are on back order, items on back order are NOT charged until they are back in stock and shipped).
Estimated delivery times are affected by the time of day the order is placed, the day the order is placed (before weekends and holidays), and the distance the order has to travel from Alfred New York, so please plan accordingly.
UPS picks up packages from this facility Monday – Friday at approximately 2:00 each day (UPS does not pick up on weekends or holidays). USPS picks up packages from this facility Monday – Friday at approximately 3:00 each day (USPS does not pick up on weekends or holidays)
UPS does not deliver to APOs or Post Office Boxes. We will redirect any orders with UPS as the chosen shipping method to US Mail.
Expect additional charges to apply for any International shipments, we will contact you with any additional charges before we finalize the order.
Once you receive your order, check and confirm that all items shipped to you match with what is shown on your packing list. Any discrepancies must be communicated immediately. Due to the time sensitive nature of most products we ship, we must adhere strictly to our return policy.
Selling Textbooks Back to the Campus Store
When you're done with your textbooks, you can sell them back to the us. Check here for more details.
On-line Student Return Policy
Textbook returns must be postmarked within the first week of the semester. Items postmarked after the first week of the semester cannot be returned.
Once we receive the textbooks back, we will credit the same account that was used when the order was originally placed. Any opened shrink wrapped bundle cannot be returned.We have a buyback option available for online students should they decide to sell their textbooks at anytime during the semester.
Any non-textbook merchandise (except software) can be returned within 3 weeks of the original order. Whenever possible, please include a copy of the original invoice with your package to ensure that you are credited properly.